- Close Photoshop
Press Ctrl Q (Mac: Command Q) to close Photoshop.
- Open Notepad (Windows) or a text editor on Mac OS
Create a plain text file.
- Type the text below in the text file:
- Save the file as “PSUserConfig.txt” to your Photoshop settings folder
Windows: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings\
*replace “username” with our actual username
- Save the file as “PSUserConfig.txt” to the desktop.
- Control-click PSUserConfig.txt saved at the desktop and choose Copy from the pop-up menu.
- In the Finder, choose to Go > Go To Folder.
- In the Go To Folder dialog box, type ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings/
- Paste the copied file at this location.
- Open Photoshop
There you go. The shift key should now be working.
This fix no longer works as of the 20.0.05 release. There is now a setting under Preferences > General… and check “Use Legacy Free Transform”
thank you for the update! Appreciate it!